Get my latest newsletters!

Subscribe to prayforsarah

Powered by us.groups.yahoo.com

Sunday, September 04, 2011

Hello!



Since I wasn't on Facebook for the last week (I was communicating face to face - which is much better!) I will put all the status updates I might have made if I was one of those iPhone toting - always online - technological kind of people.


It's RAINING! Yay! .... OK I'm getting wet now...


So wonderful to see Mum and Dad!


Walking in the woods and watching wood carving and turning at the tree festival. There just aren't really any woods in the Emirates!


Back at Highfields! Got to teach my kids, lots of hugs from people, picnic in the park, board games at Jenny's place, holiday club afternoon tea, evening service, food with Sarah and Sarah, coffee with a whole bunch of people - really enjoying being back!


Loving Holiday Club - I'm in the Droids Team (Our team chant - Droids Droids won't be destroyed, victory will be enjoyed), and we were so much better than the Cyborgs (although I did love Dave in the Cyborg outfit!).


Managed to see my work colleagues, a UAE colleague, my 20s group (yeah I know I'm not in my 20s but I'm honorary), the usual board gaming friends, my lodger (who has introduced fish into the household which I love!) and overlapped with Hannah coming back from Oz - we were both in Cardiff for one night only! So many people I didn't get to see this time!


I MOVE with less luggage than some people go on holiday with...


Flight delayed 2 hours followed by my car refusing to start, waiting for a hour for the car to be replaced - a driver who didn't speak English and we had to go to the main road and wave! Got home at 1am and up again at 7am - in work by 8.30am (that's 5.30am UK time!) missing everyone at Highfields who were having way more fun than me in the Holiday club special - at least I already saw the ending of the drama during the practise on Friday - funnily enough one of the characters ended up being the son of the always off stage most powerful character and sacrificed himself to save the world, came back from the dead and saved all the good guys and a couple of the bad guys just for good measure - wonder why that sounds familiar... but included Brummy Vikings, Cowboys and Robots (Naturally).


Back in Abu Dhabi (or AD as we call it) looking forward to catching up with my AD friends and orchestra starting up again this week!